Dr. Stephanie Martin Carollo, Board Certified by the American Board of Foot and Ankle Surgery, completed her residency training at the prestigious Cleveland Clinic Foundation/Kaiser Permanente podiatric medicine and surgery program. While there, she received three years of extensive training in foot and ankle surgery, diabetic foot care, and wound care from some of the most skilled physicians and surgeons in the country.
Dr. Carollo is a graduate of the Ohio College of Podiatric Medicine, where she received numerous awards in addition to serving as Class President for all four years of medical school. Prior to that, she studied pre-medicine at Michigan State University and at Central Michigan University, where she also played on the varsity soccer team.
Dr. Stephanie Carollo (formerly Dr. Stephanie Martin before marrying her wonderful husband) states, “I thoroughly enjoy interacting with my patients, and spending ample time with them in order to ensure that their individual needs are addressed. I love taking care of my patients and getting them back on their feet to enjoy life, and I can’t imagine doing anything else!”
EDUCATION and HONORS
Ohio College of Podiatric Medicine (OCPM)
- Class President, OCPM
- Bernardo Mercado, Sr. Excellence in Podiatric Surgery Award
- Tutor, Surgery and Physiology courses
- Teaching Assistant, Lower Extremity Anatomy and Gross Anatomy courses
- Ralph H. White Award
- The Chancellor’s List Award
- Who’s Who Among Students in American Universities and Colleges
- Mentor, American Association of Colleges of Podiatric Medicine
- Ambassador, Ohio College of Podiatric Medicine
PUBLICATIONS and PRESENTATIONS
- Venous Thromboembolism Prophylaxis in Foot and Ankle Surgery: A Literature Review. The Foot and Ankle Journal 1: 4, 2008.
- American Academy of Podiatric Practice Management Residents’ Conference Symposium Committee
- Abstract Author, Compendium of Podiatric Medicine and Surgery 2005
- Calcaneal fractures, Kaiser Permanente Trauma Conference
- Lisfranc’s injuries, Kaiser Permanente Trauma Conference
- Achilles tendon ruptures, Kaiser Permanente Trauma Conference
- Open fracture case studies, Kaiser Permanente Trauma Conference
- Salter-Harris injury case studies, Kaiser Permanente Trauma Conference
- Metatarsal fracture case studies, Kaiser Permanente Trauma Conference
- Heel Pain: Alternate Treatments, Cleveland Clinic Foundation Podiatry Grand Rounds
- Xanthogranulomatous Pyelonephritis, Cleveland Clinic Foundation Infectious Disease Department Conference
- Special Olympics
- Religious education instructor
- Alternative Spring Break program
- Read to Succeed literacy program
To make an appointment with Dr. Stephanie Carollo, call us at 586-298-1585. We look forward to welcoming you to our practice!